Malton College of Medicine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Malton Murder Mystery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
brian mercat

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Christmas Malton Murder Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Malton Murder Mystery   Christmas Malton Murder Mystery EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:42 am

Laesira said she would mention this to y'all, so I'll post more details here.

The 3rd Malton Murder Mystery is set to start next week. It is an in-Malton game based out of the Brainstock forums. It takes place in Dartside and takes about a week to play.

Create an Brainstock account and go here to read about it. The password is Poirot.

Read the "MMM2 rules" for a rundown of the game and the "In the beginning" thread to see an example of the game.

Back to top Go down
brian mercat

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Christmas Malton Murder Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Malton Murder Mystery   Christmas Malton Murder Mystery EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:44 am

A copy of the game rules:

MMM pits a group of survivors against an unknown group of PKers in their midst (the PKers know who each other are). The goal of the game is to kill all the players on the other side. The game is over at the end of a MMM day in which only one side is left standing. It all takes place in Dartside's Barstow Arms.

A day in MMM is 48hrs long. The first day starts at 10:30pm CST on Christmas Eve and ends 10:30pm CST Christmas. Each MMM day, the survivors must lynch at least one person suspected of being a PKer. At the end of each day, the killers will execute one survivor (I will do the killing for the PKers). If the survivors haven't lynched anyone by the end of that day, the PKers will get an extra kill that night. I will reveal the roles of those killed at the end of each day.

There is also a bodyguard and MPD officer role. The bodyguard can assign one person a flak jacket that will protect them from being killed by the PKers that day. The same person can't be assigned the flak jacket two days in a row. The MPD officer has the ability to investigate one person per day. I will reveal the role of the investigated individual to the MPD officer.

Melee weapons only! Firearms cannot be used for lynching. FAKs can be used. Jolly Otter has a nice explanation on how to use the IRC Woot set up for MMM1.

A few changes for this game:

One you are dead in Malton, you cannot talk game to the other survivors. Everything you know when you die goes with you. For example, if you are an innocent and are lynched, you can't tell anyone you were innocent. That information will be revealed at the end the MMM day.

No sharing screen shots of the PMs I send out assigning roles. Also, don't impersonate someone else on the IRC. Basically, if it seems like something would be cheating, then just assume it is. rolleyes.gif

As fun as it was writing the story last time, this time everyone will be involved. If you deliver the killing blow for a lynching, you write the story that goes along with it (unless you get someone else to do it). It can be as long or short as you want.
Back to top Go down

Christmas Malton Murder Mystery
Page 1 of 1