Malton College of Medicine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

World War Z

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcom Tucker

Malcom Tucker

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-24

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: World War Z   World War Z EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm guessing most of you guys are fans of the Zombie Genre. How many of you have read World War Z by Max Brooks

Its written in the style of an oral history after a massive global zombie pandemic and following war with them with interviews with survivors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

It is one of my favorite books. The Oral history format makes it a little hard to get into, but once the momentum going its amazing. Takes it down to the personal experiences of people during the outbreak all around the world, to global military tactics and whatnot. Its so realistic you have to keep telling youself that its not actually true. It was interesting how different countries managed differently, and how the military had to reform to cope with the new undead enemy.

Also love Shaun of the Dead (but who doesn't)
Back to top Go down
Twitched90

Twitched90

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-03-07

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 am

know a few people who love it havent had a look at it myself ill see if i can get my hands on it somewhere
Back to top Go down
Captain Trey Richards

Captain Trey Richards

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-11-10

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

World War Z is a personal favorite of mine. The realism is so intense that it kinda feels a little surreal after you finish it. Malcom, do you have a favorite interview? Mine would be the otaku from Japan who hadn't even realized what was going on until his Internet went out.

Last edited by Captain Trey Richards on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Woah, necroposting ftw.)
Back to top Go down
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=930609
Sponsored content

World War Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Z   World War Z Empty

Back to top Go down

World War Z
Page 1 of 1