Share | 

Suggestions for new medic runs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Linkthewindow

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:13 am

Because I have too much time on my hands, this afternoon, I made some new medic runs.

Marven Mall Run (short)-goes past Marven Mall and two local NTs and PD. Created as there are no runs servicing Marven on the page on the Wiki. Probably not that useful usually, but during sieges, some support is always good for the mall. 21AP needed for travel (assuming no ruins)-25-35 AP recommended for healing and cading.

Marven Mall (Long)-goes past Marven Mall (as above,) but is generally a lot longer, as it visits a large part of Greentown as well. Visits 2NT's, a PD and a hospital. It's a long run-requiring 42AP for travel, and you will probably have to find a safehouse on route. You need to step outside at the end to re-enter St. George's.

Hospital Run-title pretty much says it all. 5 local hospitals visited, 4 NT's and a PD. It needs 48 AP to travel, so again a safehouse would be needed on route, however there is no need to step outside (assuming no ruins.) An advantage here is that the wounded generally congregate in hospitals, and more advanced medics can use surgery.

Twin Malls-redefines the world "long" medic run. Probably too long, IMO. It visits both the local malls-Marven Mall and Thompson Mall. It's a killer medic run-needing around 80AP to travel, and the medic would need to find at least one, if not two safehouses on route. Probably not too practical for the everyday medic, but may see a use as a scouting run as well (the medic would see a lot of the area.) Need to step outside at the end of the route. The image was downscaled as it was too big, so a full-size version is here.

Thoughts? This is my first attempt at this, so they could all be crap, as far as I know.

Edit: Here is a Greentown scouting run. Requires 35AP, so not a killer like the above, but no opportunity to gain XP. The whole scouting run is outdoors. IMO, should only be attempted by higher-leveled players who don't need the XP. They are, however doing an essential service. On their return, they should report the exact status of all local buildings (cades, genny, and ruin) and how many zombies outside. Don't forget to update the Greentown wiki page on your return, and to announce the results to the locals.

.... and here is another marathon medic run (80AP travel) It goes past Reaganbank, North Blythville and Mornington, as well as South Blythville (and Marven Mall.) It's designed to double as a scouting run, as well as a medic run. This should only be attempted by advanced students, as the Reaganbank area is usually infested with zombies.

Last edited by Linkthewindow on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Violet Begonia
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:13 am

I'm up too late, and thus may change my mind entirely when I get some sleep, but I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm, link! I know that any medic run over 35 ap is a difficult one. I do think we need to re-evaluate our medic runs, see if we need to make changes. I'll evaluate the medic runs individually when I've had sleep. Thank you for your contribution! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User_talk:Violet_B
Linkthewindow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:54 am

Violet Begonia wrote:
I'm up too late, and thus may change my mind entirely when I get some sleep, but I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm, link! I know that any medic run over 35 ap is a difficult one. I do think we need to re-evaluate our medic runs, see if we need to make changes. I'll evaluate the medic runs individually when I've had sleep. Thank you for your contribution! Very Happy

No worries. I'm not to sure about the last one (the "twin malls")-I might keep that for personal use when I feel too bored at the hospital (longer ones are a bit ineffective as you could carry out 3 smaller ones with the amount of supplies needed. However, I think we need a Marven Mall run. It's not too long, and during a siege, we could win some favors.

While making these, I also made a 3x3 suburb map of the local area, with Greentown in the middle. This made it easier to do the medic runs, as I could just use one map, instead of making a new one. Anyone who wants it can find it here.

Finally, here is a variant of the above map that has all the current medic runs on it. It's more useful for seeing where we have coverage, as it's a tad crowded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QBee

Number of posts : 1027
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 am

I'm considering doing a run to Wykewood/western part of South Blythville since Wykewood has turned yellow. I figure there are probably people in need of FAK there.

Anything I should be on the look for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkthewindow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm

QBee wrote:
I'm considering doing a run to Wykewood/western part of South Blythville since Wykewood has turned yellow. I figure there are probably people in need of FAK there.

Not much. Just look out for the odd ruined building and breached one. Remember yellow isn't that dangerous (and it's subject to subjective interpretation anyway.) Reganbank might be a better target, as it's orange and always been a contested suburb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treebob

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:07 am

I am thinking of establishing my ENVY boys up in Brooksville. It seems to be taking some heavy damage, especially in the northern section. Do you guys have a presence there already? If so I'd love to work with you to stabilize it. Any recommendations will be taken with thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bruinsfanatics.blogspot.com
Violet Begonia
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

The Bandit Queens run Brooksville, but they are the devil to contact out of game. Best to go to Flooks or Matthias and talk there.

We are in our two campus buildings, the warehouse and St Georges. That's it. The rest is the area we serve with our medic runs, using the whole area as field work for our students to gain XP and learn how to manage. We send people on a daily basis into Brooksville, and into N and S Blythville and Greentown as well. The best thing to do is to come into MCM and talk in-game. People will report back and tell you what they see. There's so many people in there, you can get a lot of help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User_talk:Violet_B
Linkthewindow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 am

treebob wrote:
I am thinking of establishing my ENVY boys up in Brooksville. It seems to be taking some heavy damage, especially in the northern section. Do you guys have a presence there already? If so I'd love to work with you to stabilize it. Any recommendations will be taken with thanks.

A few of the MCM medic runs go through Brooksville, your best bet may just to set up your HQ on/near their path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QBee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Wow, has anyone seen the danger map? It's getting a bit red to the west.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkthewindow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:33 pm

QBee wrote:
Wow, has anyone seen the danger map? It's getting a bit red to the west.

I'm pretty sure that is mostly due to the efforts of the MOB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FuzzyWuzzie

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Linkthewindow wrote:
QBee wrote:

Not much. Just look out for the odd ruined building and breached one. Remember yellow isn't that dangerous (and it's subject to subjective interpretation anyway.) Reganbank might be a better target, as it's orange and always been a contested suburb.

If you go as far as Reganbank, you should have a stopover place. My alt runs the group "Those Dudes" and we usually keep the Plummer Arms in order, because it's our hangout. However, we usually keep it at EHB and it's subject to change because we currently have two groups of droolers who disagree with our liberal use of the revive syringe Razz

You can pm me anytime, and I can advise you on the status of the best pub in Malton, before you come in the area. It's also centrally located between two hospitals and a PD, which could always use a cade check and the occasional eviction Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QBee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Thanks Fuzzy! I'll let you know when I'm in the area.

QB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkthewindow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 am

Could I post these on the Experimental Medic Runs page on the wiki?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QBee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 am

Seeing as things have been a bit cut off lately, I'm faking up for a south Greenville run. Linkthewindow, I was going to try and use your Greenville run with as little existing as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new medic runs   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for new medic runs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1