Malton College of Medicine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Film League

Go down 
+3
Amazing_Spiderzed
JLeeBly
McThulhu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
McThulhu

McThulhu

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Fantasy Film League Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Here starting tomorrow I think one of my favorite games is coming back. It's fairly simple in which you basically get a certain amount of money to spend on 1 producer and actors to fill your film. Based on how they do over the next in the actual box office in their real moves, your movie will gain money.

For example this was one of my movies that back when I used to play it:

Quote :

The Call of Cthulhu

This fantasy film was produced by you at a cost of $70m. It is currently at position 1622 in July 2002.
Star Income
Director
Alejandro Amenabar $0
Actor
Jeff Bridges $300,000
Vin Diesel $18,375,000
Nicole Kidman $2,925,000
Natalie Portman $1,575,000
Jeri Ryan $1,012,500
Owen Wilson $10,950,000
Total Income $35,137,500

not the best showing, but it gives you an example of how it works.

When I played they had groups where you could invite friends into to track and compare your standings against your friends, so if they have that set up this time around I will make one.

the FAQ can be found here: http://www.fantasyfilmleague.com/faq.html

and obviously the main link is http://www.fantasyfilmleague.com

and you can check star prices here before the game starts: http://www.fantasyfilmleague.com/stars?price=20
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 am

I will be doing this. No hard feelings when I make the greatest movie ever. Razz

We should make things a little more interesting and come up with a synopsis for our movie, including roles for the actors. Razz
Back to top Go down
McThulhu

McThulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:20 pm

The game has started.. I will post my movie shortly.

Argh, I'm not sure if my movie has been entered or what.
Back to top Go down
McThulhu

McThulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Okay, I'm hoping soon they fix the layout of things. Once you pick all your stars, I think you have 70 million. You will have to return to the main page and log back in again, then it will ask you what you want to call your movie. Then Greenlight it. As far as I can tell, there's no way to fix screw ups so make sure you get it right the first time

This is my movie.

Quote :
With Love and Tentacles

Casting Couch
Directors

* Adam McKay

Actors

* Gerard Butler - Seamus McThulhu
* Woody Harrelson - Guy Living Under the Stairs
* Jason Issaacs - Vilhelm
* Amy Adams - Mere Bystander
* Robert Downey Jr - JLeebly
* Jackie Earle Haley - Cultist Scientist Antagonist

Total: $68m

I figure everything will look nicer when the rankings actually start next week.
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Quote :
The Damned Goodfellas Of Dodge City

Casting Couch
Directors

* Clint Eastwood

Actors

* Al Pacino
* Keira Knightley
* Eddie Murphy
* Jennifer Aniston
* Mark Wahlberg
* Jet Li

Total: $66m

Unfortunately, there's neither Sergio Leone nor Schwarzenegger in it. Else, I could have created the most mind-boggling mob spaghetti western evar.
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:09 pm

From Darkness

Casting Couch
Directors

* Jon Favreau

Actors

* Ralph Fiennes
* Liam Neeson
* Josh Brolin
* Mickey Rourke
* Kristen Stewart
* Bill Nighy

Total: $56m

Synopsis (Yes, I went this far)
Marcus Quinn (Fiennes) has witnessed his fair share of violence and bloodshed as a soldier for the IRA. Though impassioned with his work, Quinn has sometimes questioned the motives and targets that his superior, Charles Lynch (Rourke), selected for his attacks. Because of this, Quinn frequently risks his own life and capture by placing himself in precarious situations, trying to minimize civilian casualties while still sending a message. His frequent bending of the rules tends to frustrate his friend and fellow soldier, Andrew Collins (Brolin), who fervently seeks the admiration of his superiors.

Quinn is visited by a girl who claims to be his orphaned daughter, Ashley O’Brien (Stewart). Quinn’s fiancée left him after learning of his violent pastimes, never telling him of her pregnancy. Seventeen years later, a lonely, teenage O’Brien seeks Quinn out as the only remaining family she had, revealing she is unaware of her father’s activities, and the cause of her mother’s death to be “collateral damange” due to Lynch’s radical dealings. O’Brien regrets complicating Quinn’s current situation and realizes her mother’s secrecy was a means of protecting O’Brien from Quinn’s dangerous lifestyle. Quinn reassures O’Brien, explaining that he had always loved her mother, and had he known he was to be a father, would have made changes much earlier.

Quinn is faced with the strong conviction of providing his daughter with a happy life, though realizes his wishes were incompatible with staying in the IRA. Having few options, he turns to his uncle Richard Quinn (Neeson), an affluent yet ruthless mob boss, for protection and a way out of the IRA. After catching wind of the situation, Collins cannot resist the urge to tell Lynch about Quinn’s newfound desire to leave. David Byrne (Nighy), a hardnosed but by-the-book police investigator, hears about the growing animosity between the Irish mob and IRA. Sympathetic with Quinn’s plight, Byrne offers him a third alternative that would require him to betray his family and political beliefs in exchange for a new life with his daughter.
Back to top Go down
mighty oak

mighty oak

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Ok Jleebly made me join!

"
Directors

* Guy Ritchie

Actors

* Jason Mewes
* Eddie Izzard
* Andy Serkis
* Dakota Fanning
* Jane Lynch
* Bill Nighy

Total: $20m "

Name "Under a blood red Venetian moon"

Synopsis... Murder,Sex,Masks... "When love goes wrong only a killing spree can make it better"
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:Mightyoak
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 pm

More people need to get in on this, I do believe.
Back to top Go down
McThulhu

McThulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Less than a week until game start. I figured I would remind those who may have forgotten to join. Tis supposed to start around the 21st.
Back to top Go down
mere bystander

mere bystander

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 am

Eeep! I need to find time to do this!
Back to top Go down
jay dark one

jay dark one

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 am

I am so in!

Heh make the movie of my book FTW

Dark Force

Casting Couch
Directors

- Steven Spielberg

Actors

- Hugh Jackman = Coubert
- Liv Tyler = Shir
- Owen Wilson = Miles
- Robert downey Jr. = Evan
- Andy Serkis = Rasp
- Geoffrey Palmer = Kayen

Total: $70m

I think I failed...XD

If my book becomes a real movie ever these are not the actors I'd pick but best I could do...
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:20 pm

So far, it appears MCM has the following releases:

McThulhu's RomCom "With Love and Tentacles"
Amazing Spiderzed's Cross-Genre Action Flick "The Damned Goodfellas Of Dodge City"
JLeeBly's Thriller / Drama "From Darkness"
Mighty Oak's Mystery Romance film "Under a Blood Red Venetian Moon"
Jay Dark One's Novel Adaptation "Dark Force"
AnimeSucks' Over-the-Top Action Film "Badass: Maximus, Throat-Punch Agent, and Strawberry Fields vs Cobra Commander, Vanfey Sparklepire, and The Octopus"

More entries await.
Back to top Go down
Scoth

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Name: The Legend of Zombie: The Tribrain Fantasy

Directors

* Oliver Parker

Actors

* Jerry O'Connell – Bob the King
* Lucy Lawless - Zalon
* Colm Meaney – Zink
* Alec Baldwin – Prince Dell
* Robin Wright Penn - Princess Zornbietta
* Jennifer Connelly – Princess Susa

Total: $20m

Synopsis: In the far off kingdom of Erehtuo, the people are in a turmoil. After decades, nay, centuries of peacefully living their undead unlife, the Breathers have invaded. Their champion, Bob, has taken the princesses Zornbietta and Susa captive, and intends to use them as pawns in his plot to overthrow the entire kingdom and eradicate the peace-loving zombies. Prince Dell sets off to defeat this evil invader, but is thwarted and cast into the pits of Hell to suffer eternally. When all hope seems lost, and the people have nearly given up all hope, and as Bob is closing in on the castle, a light appears in the darkness. Zink, a middle-aged Irish zombie down on his luck and out of hope and out of time, stumbles upon a mysterious ancient talisman. He receives a vision from time long past of what the kingdom once was, and what it could be again, and sets off on a journey. It is revealed that the talisman comes in three parts, in the shape of a brain, and once all three are retrieved will give the wielder nearly infinite powers. He also meets Zalon, from a warrior tribe, who seems to know more than she’s letting on about the talismans. His mind made up, they sets off to retrieve them, retrieve the lost prince, rescue the princesses, and defeat Bob. Along the way Zink will face many trials and tests, but will hopefully find new meaning for his life, and perhaps find a little love too.
Back to top Go down
mere bystander

mere bystander

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Ok! Here's mine, for what it's worth!

Name: Strange Illusion

Directors

* Neil Marshall

Actors

* Anne Hathaway
* Ethan Hawke
* Noel Clarke
* Nicolas Cage
* Amy Smart
* Cate Blanchett

Total: $55m
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm

This year's movie line-up (with updated entries from Scoth and Mere)

McThulhu's RomCom "With Love and Tentacles"
Amazing Spiderzed's Cross-Genre Action Flick "The Damned Goodfellas Of Dodge City"
JLeeBly's Thriller / Drama "From Darkness"
Mighty Oak's Mystery Romance film "Under a Blood Red Venetian Moon"
Jay Dark One's Novel Adaptation "Dark Force"
AnimeSucks' Over-the-Top Action Film "Badass: Maximus, Throat-Punch Agent, and Strawberry Fields vs Cobra Commander, Vanfey Sparklepire, and The Octopus"
Scoth's Mystical Undead Story "The Legend of Zombie: The Tribrain Fantasy"
Mere Bystander's Suspense film "Strange Illusion"
Back to top Go down
McThulhu

McThulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:12 pm

First week's scores are in:

Your fantasy film has made $5,412,000.
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Your fantasy film has made $6,550,000

Yee-haw! Western ain't dead yet, it seems like.
Back to top Go down
jay dark one

jay dark one

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Currently made $0 awesome
Back to top Go down
mere bystander

mere bystander

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Your fantasy film has made $16,500,000.
Back to top Go down
mighty oak

mighty oak

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Your fantasy film has made $50,000,000.

http://fantasyfilmleague.com/pages/12 Ahahahahhaha! I did not see that coming!
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm

1 Made Up Fiction  $          50,970,000
2 Love under a blood red Venetian moon  $          50,000,000
3 The Legend of Zombie: The Tribrain Fantasy  $          50,000,000
43 Strange Illusion  $          16,500,000
44 From Darkness  $          14,000,000
89 The Damned Goodfellas Of Dodge City  $            6,550,000
105 With Love and Tentacles  $            5,412,000
173 Badass: Maximus, Throat-Punch Agent, and Strawberry Fields vs Cobra Commander, Vanfey Sparklepire, and The Octopus  $                300,000
182 Dark Force  $                           -  
Back to top Go down
jay dark one

jay dark one

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:59 am

My movie fails epically... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm

jay dark one wrote:
My movie fails epically... Rolling Eyes
I believe the scores right now are essentially $70 million, minus what you paid for your stars, plus whatever you happened to make this first week (which I doubt was much, considering what's in theaters right now). Anyone with a revenue not divisible by one million actually made some cash this week. I imagine once Clash of the Titans releases, you're going to see some rank changes.
Back to top Go down
JLeeBly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:01 pm

It looks like my first money-maker is going to be Clash of the Titans. Does anyone else have a score-booster coming out this April?

April Releases
Clash of the Titans
Why Did I Get Married Too?
Date Night
Death at a Funeral
Kick-Ass
Oceans
The Back-Up Plan
The Losers
Furry Vengeance
I Love You Phillip Morris
A Nightmare on Elm Street

(Upon looking at this list, it's going to be a slow month for me)
Back to top Go down
mighty oak

mighty oak

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

I am pretty sure i dont! i have a feeling i will be last!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Film League   Fantasy Film League Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Film League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next