HomePortal*FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mobile Phone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 am

I'm not sure how often people use a Mobile Phone in-game, but I notice one of the bosses recommended getting a hold of one. (Maybe Sonja or Vi?) Anyway, I wandered over to Club Vagg the other day, and found one on my 5th or so Search of the place.

Long story less-long, I've started adding anyone at St Simon's with MCM in their profile Group. (MCM Applicant; MCM Student; Malton College of Medicine, etc.) The phones are a two-way thing though, so you'll have to add me to your contacts as well, before we can message each other. Here's my profile in case you'd like to add me:

The Raggedy Doctor

If anyone else is interested, you can add me then message me in-game, or add your profile here.

(Maybe someone can start an AQA (Any Question Answered) type service on our mobile phone system. Or do Horoscopes or something? lol)

Oh! One last thing! I found a cool profile lookup tool! You just add the person's name, and it comes up in a search, then you click on their name and it takes you to their UD profile. A very handy tool for adding your fellow MCM players!

Urban Dead Profile Database

Regards,

The Raggedy Doctor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin Hunt

avatar

Number of posts : 202
Age : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:06 pm

This might also help you. If you are using the add on mass contacts, i can also post that list here for you, if you want. Or I could tidy up my UDWidget list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1440879
chicklet

avatar

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Just a note about the phones- a person may still have you added but not carry a phone. If that is the case, the little phone icon will not show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Whitaker

avatar

Number of posts : 262
Age : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Ohhh...I kinda...threw away my phone. I was sure I didn't need it. Does having a phone help in some way? Did I do something stupid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twotrees

avatar

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Nathan, a phone is a good way to keep in touch when we are scattered out during a siege. Also I am told some use them for adult purposes since children play in game and all open speech should be pg or g rated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chicklet

avatar

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Twotrees wrote:
Also I am told some use them for adult purposes since children play in game and all open speech should be pg or g rated.
Speaking from experience are you? Wink


Last edited by chicklet on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Whitaker

avatar

Number of posts : 262
Age : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Ergh. Guess I should have one ready, just in case. Next time I'm alive, I'll go look for another one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheese Knight

avatar

Number of posts : 176
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:31 am

Haven't used a mobile phone in a long time, I hear that satellite phone thing is the hip way to go.

Just important to remember that a mobile phone is limited by the suburb's phone mast being lit. And that's usually not a problem in Eastonwood unless there's a horde in town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:43 am

Austin Hunt wrote:
This might also help you. If you are using the add on mass contacts, i can also post that list here for you, if you want. Or I could tidy up my UDWidget list.

Ooh! Thanks Austin! I didn't know we had that roster list on the Wiki. I was working off the one in our forums, but half the people either aren't in MCM, or else haven't been on in a while, and have a strikethrough over their name in my contacts list.

How do you mass-add people? That'd save a lot of time. It took me ages to add (and sort) everyone from the forum list. study

chicklet wrote:
Just a note about the phones- a person may still have you added but not carry a phone. If that is the case, the little phone icon will not show.

Good to know! Thanks. What about if they have a phone but they don't have you added? Will it show or not? I presume to send and receive messages, both people have to add each other, and both have phones? Question

Twotrees wrote:
Nathan, a phone is a good way to keep in touch when we are scattered out during a siege. Also I am told some use them for adult purposes since children play in game and all open speech should be pg or g rated.

I hadn't thought of that, but the siege-time contact might even be handier than my horoscope call line. Laughing

Adult purposes? Hmmm. Interesting. *starts to dial 1-800-NAUGHTYNURSE* Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin Hunt

avatar

Number of posts : 202
Age : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 am

If you use Firefox there are a lot of add-ons and Greasemonkey scripts that can make the UD interface significantly more bearable. If you have any more questions, I can help by pointing out the ones that I use, if nothing else.

If you want what I have let me know and can put it together for you, and either post it here or PM you.

It doesn't matter if the don't have you added, I believe you can still send the messages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1440879
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:43 am

Austin Hunt wrote:
If you use Firefox there are a lot of add-ons and Greasemonkey scripts that can make the UD interface significantly more bearable. If you have any more questions, I can help by pointing out the ones that I use, if nothing else.

If you want what I have let me know and can put it together for you, and either post it here or PM you.

It doesn't matter if the don't have you added, I believe you can still send the messages.

I use Firefox under Ubuntu Linux 10.10. But when I try and install UDToolbar, I get an error that it's incompatible with my version of Firefox. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe C

avatar

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 am

You can make it work using this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543/

I use it and it works great. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twotrees

avatar

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 am

Chicklet,

Not yet, ;^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:16 am

Joe C wrote:
You can make it work using this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543/

I use it and it works great. Smile

I actually discovered that via the UD Wiki earlier tonight! Handy addon, I must say. Smile

The only thing that seemed buggy for me, was that under the map, on the main UD screen, it showed a bunch of weapons that I don't have. Pistols, Axes, etc. I'm not entirely sure what that was about. (Since all I have is my mobile phone and a few FAKs.) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chicklet

avatar

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:44 am

Austin Hunt wrote:

It doesn't matter if the don't have you added, I believe you can still send the messages.
How can a person who does not have a mobile phone receive any messages? Their name won't appear in the list of options of whom to send a message to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chicklet

avatar

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:51 am

chenrazee wrote:

Good to know! Thanks. What about if they have a phone but they don't have you added? Will it show or not? I presume to send and receive messages, both people have to add each other, and both have phones? Question

If two people have each other added and they both carry a phone, there will automatically be a phone icon. Those two things are required for two people to be able to msg each other with a mobile.
However, I do not play with all the fancy add-ons since my internet/computer skills are severely lacking. I don't know if it's different otherwise but I would probably cause my laptop to explode should I try to add anything. So this is the information for the mobile phone as far as I know it without all the extra fancy trimmings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 pm

chicklet wrote:
Austin Hunt wrote:

It doesn't matter if the don't have you added, I believe you can still send the messages.
How can a person who does not have a mobile phone receive any messages? Their name won't appear in the list of options of whom to send a message to.

I think Austin meant "if they have a mobile phone, but they haven't added you to their contact list." But the following extract from the Wiki makes me think they need a mobile *and* they need to add you to their list:

"Mobile phones can be used to send text messages to other characters on your contact list as long as they have their own mobile phone, you are on their contact list, and the suburb you are in has an operating mobile phone mast."

I dunno for sure. confused

Edit: Does anyone else in MCM have a mobile? We need to find someone with a mobile, that I've added, but hasn't added me. (As far as I can tell, I've added all the active members of MCM. Or at least the ones who are wearing the MCM group tag.)


Last edited by chenrazee on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to ask about other mobile carriers.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 pm

chicklet wrote:
chenrazee wrote:

Good to know! Thanks. What about if they have a phone but they don't have you added? Will it show or not? I presume to send and receive messages, both people have to add each other, and both have phones? Question

If two people have each other added and they both carry a phone, there will automatically be a phone icon. Those two things are required for two people to be able to msg each other with a mobile.
However, I do not play with all the fancy add-ons since my internet/computer skills are severely lacking. I don't know if it's different otherwise but I would probably cause my laptop to explode should I try to add anything. So this is the information for the mobile phone as far as I know it without all the extra fancy trimmings.

I think you're right, from what the Wiki says. The only person on my contacts list with a mobile phone icon is Mr Staypuffed so far. So I presume he's added me to his contact list, and that he's carrying a mobile. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amazing_Spiderzed

avatar

Number of posts : 164
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:51 pm

I have a mobile, but haven't added you yet to my contacts. My ID: http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1603698
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chenrazee

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Amazing_Spiderzed wrote:
I have a mobile, but haven't added you yet to my contacts. My ID: http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1603698

Cheers Spiderzed! It's confirmed then. I added Angela, and there's no phone icon. So you definitelty have to meet both conditions (mutual adding to contacts, and both having a phone,) before it can work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qrst42



Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:25 am

Add me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gong Li

avatar

Number of posts : 1461
Age : 51
Registration date : 2014-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 am

qrst42 wrote:
Add me!

Got you added!  Smile

Another useful communications device is the Satellite Phone which you can add as long as you are using Chrome or Firefox.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Satellite_phone

The advantage of a DSS phone over a mobile is that it takes no AP and you can use it even if you are a zombie!  zombie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qrst42



Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:42 am

Gong Li wrote:
qrst42 wrote:
Add me!

Got you added!  Smile

Another useful communications device is the Satellite Phone which you can add as long as you are using Chrome or Firefox.


The advantage of a DSS phone over a mobile is that it takes no AP and you can use it even if you are a zombie!  zombie







I just got the extension, how do I use the sat phone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gong Li

avatar

Number of posts : 1461
Age : 51
Registration date : 2014-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 am

qrst42 wrote:
I just got the extension, how do I use the sat phone?

Once you get your number and activate your phone, you can call me at 891-2341 and we can test it out.  

You get your number from the registry - http://sp.dssrzs.org/registry

If you install the extension properly, you should have a sat phone icon in your inventory.  If you can't find it, I can post a picture of it.  Just click it to add your number and activate your phone.  Then you can use it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qrst42



Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:07 am

Gong Li wrote:
qrst42 wrote:
I just got the extension, how do I use the sat phone?

Once you get your number and activate your phone, you can call me at 891-2341 and we can test it out.  

If you install the extension properly, you should have a sat phone icon in your inventory.  If you can't find it, I can post a picture of it.  Just click it to add your number and activate your phone.  Then you can use it!


I sent you a message that had the text: "testing", via the phone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phone   

Back to top Go down
 
Mobile Phone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Participation of mobile phone companies in stock to benefit Iraqi economy, says MP
» Repost. Cell Phone with red Screen
» Dream Symbol: A cell phone?
» Sorry! another dream! PHONE IN WATER- FULFILLED
» Repost-I can't answer my phone

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malton College of Medicine :: Commons :: Urban Dead-
Jump to: