Malton College of Medicine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-siege Tactics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Malshun

Malshun

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:12 pm

I learned something from this siege: Zombies can metagame surprisingly well. The names of the zombies in the siege were not all very similar, so it was most likely not a zerg. At first, I thought it was going to be a beachhead, but there were just too many to be a beachhead (not to mention no reinforcements outside), so I think it was a simple rush and kill. I also noted people were combat reviving, which in the zombie strategies they prefer, because you can do much more damage as a human than a zombie, and not just because of free running. I suggest we only combat revive zeds with little or no survivor skills, any with more than a couple can wreak havoc on us with weapons that do more damage than mere claws and fangs. I understand the whole C.R.A.P. thing going on, but it can be deadly if said CR'd zed has axe proficiency or firearms training and the weapon to go with it.
That is just one idea, anyone else have any?
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

The most dangerous skills a death-cultist can wield are Knife Fighting and Construction. Gun shots and axe hits are done away with a 10AP-syringe at worst, while a genny costs the harmanz 50AP to replace, and while an overcaded entry point can kill many more harmanz than any single gun-toting psycho.

If you want an inside scoop on the death-cultist's business, look at my lecture on that topic: http://iamscott.net/1266461880849.html
Back to top Go down
FuzzyWuzzie

FuzzyWuzzie

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Without revealing too much in a public area, you are sort of right about the error of random Combat Revives. Those of us who are more veteran players generally scan before we revive, and we maintain a personal DNR list. We usually practice what we call a smart CR. Senior members of our group use a variety of methods to determine whether the zed in question is a candidate for a CR.

Most of us use the profile viewer to take a quick glance at the names and skill information of a zed that we scan or one that gets bitey with us. One of the first that can give us a fairly good idea of who or what we are dealing with. In this case they were an organized strike team of death cultist who do preliminary strikes for a rather old (and some consider shady) zombie group called Extinction.

Now... regardless of what one may think of them as a whole, they are a rather skilled and effective group of adversaries. They know what they are doing and many were counting on the fact that they would get a CR in such a crowded environment. For some it helped, for others it had little or no effect. For the people who didn't scan, many wasted a syringe on a rotter. If we'd have been on top of our game, then EVERYONE in that hospital would have gotten a FAK to prevent the parachute and GK...but even with a siege... we still would have been over-run eventually. We've held out for record times with some of the finest zed groups in Malton, but there's only so much that can be done and even the most die-hard irc, cade watchers can't hold out for ever...lol. You never really lose in this game... and death is just a temporary imposition Anti-siege Tactics Icon_mad

We have our ways and methods, and we'll be back up and running in no time Anti-siege Tactics Icon_biggrin

Btw... I was one of the early practitioners of C.R.A.P. and our Dean Emeritus (Violet Begonia) designed the C.R.A.P. template as a gift for the founder of the movement (Giles Sednik) back in our Beerhah days. Many of us (who were early members of this institution), were also in (or had alts in) the first wave of The Big Prick that swept through Malton turning the map back to green after the Dead had left it red. It was nice to see CRAP mentioned again... It's still a viable tactic, but it should be used properly. Thanks for the memories.

Also... be sure to check out our newsletter/magazine when it comes out (hopefully) before the end of Spring. You may have inspired me to add a little of some of our more little known history. Anti-siege Tactics Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Squirrelmeyer

Number of posts : 872
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Malshun, in many ways zombie groups have a much easier time metagaming than survivor groups. In my experience, metagaming for a zombie group works like this: meet up on IRC shortly before an agreed upon strike time. Agree on a target. Everyone attacks the barricades at the same time so that each person uses 5-20 AP depending on group size and cade level getting the cades down. Then everyone can get inside, already giving you something of a beachhead. A group leader calls out individual targets so that the group members are not conflicting with each other. Feeding groans call in ferals to finish up the work when the group AP's.

This coordination is quite easy to achieve, as it is the same every night. The only defense is having enough active survivors on during the strike to handle things before they get carried away. More advanced strategies for the zed group are only needed when encountering a group that already expects such an assault, for example if your group was expelled the previous night and they expect you will attack again, or if attacking a fort or well defended mall.

Cading and fak'ing are the most useful things that can be done. I myself will consider CR'ing if I myself or with help of ppl I am coordinating with can get the building caded and cleared at that time This depends a lot on the circumstances.

MCM also uses IRC, so if you do notice the cades starting to go down and you are able, hop on and give a shout out. There will likely be one or two who can quickly jump in to help.
Back to top Go down
Cheese Knight

Cheese Knight

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 pm

These days, due to barricade blocking, healing becomes an even more effective strategy as opposed to barricading. If you've got a ton of FAKs, healing people while they're being attacked often burns a lot of the attacker's AP, while you're getting 100% success.

However, some zombies are very skilled at taking their targets down within seconds, so it's risky.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelmeyer

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:26 am

I should have said, barricading while it can still be done efficiently. If the cades just went down and one or two are inside, I would cade to try to keep more out. Once there are much more than that, I agree that cading starts to become futile.
Back to top Go down
Malshun

Malshun

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:48 pm

BTW, we almost have St.Simon's back, there are just four zeds inside, and at least two are wounded, one almost dead. Unless, of course, they come back again later.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelmeyer

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Malshun, we generally won't talk about current strategies in the public forum. Try the private forums or even better, hop into IRC. There are instructions in a stickied thread in the Admissions Office. Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anti-siege Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-siege Tactics   Anti-siege Tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-siege Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malton College of Medicine :: Commons :: Urban Dead-
Jump to: