Malton College of Medicine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Toten's Challenge

Go down 
+3
Robert N. Neville
Amazing_Spiderzed
QBee
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
QBee

QBee

Number of posts : 1027
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Toten,

We feel we have come up with an acceptable challenge to all. If you and whatever ferals are in the area can ruin St. Simons in the month of January then for the month of Feburary each member of MCM will take a 48 hour turn at being the big cheese. We can start with Robert and then Robert can turn the riegns over to some other MCM member (other than the current Administration). During that time each person can do as they wish and direct the MCM as they see fit.

However, if during the month of January you do not suceed in ruining St. Simons then your must sing and dance for us for the month of Febuary.

Deal?

QB
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:23 am

Sounds good enough for the most part Smile

I'd solely insist to do so as school girl, just for the demeaning touch, as z!ng!ng alone is a bit humdrum as a loss consequence in my view.

I'd also wish to replace the songs occassionally with lectures on topics that would have been too sensitive before the siege, as Feral coordination with in-game methods, the use of public metagame resources to your advantage, or effective parachuting/death-culting.
As this would top off the survivor-centric insights into the sieging biz that you can hopefully give currently, and as it would be in line with MCM's primary goal to help new and intermediate players to get a better grip on the game (which I support), I'm certain that that would be in our common interest Smile

Question: Does that round robin bigwig arrangement include non-members who hang around regularly?
I remember Robert saying something about passing the buck to Sankhe, who isn't a direct member of MCM...
(That's a question of your internal organization, not one of my direct concern. I just thought I should bring it up in time, as it has come up already and should be settled before any last-minute decisions have to be made.)
Back to top Go down
QBee

QBee

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:12 am

You can change your outfit daily to suit your mood and/or song/lecture you are giving.

I think lecturing is a great idea and we all enjoyed the insights of your last lectures.

I personnely don't have any objections to friends of MCM being king/queen for the day. I'll check with the others.

BTW, we have one caviot, if RRF strikes (non-feral group) then we hold off until they leave. Deal?
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 am

Quote :
BTW, we have one caviot, if RRF strikes (non-feral group) then we hold off until they leave. Deal?
Deal - if you mean solely organized and coordinated strike teams.
I spotted already singular members of a few groups at break-ins, and putting things on halt for such minor instances of group interference would be as inane as me requesting a stop just because occassionally members of DEM, QSG or Philosophe Knights get their grubby or not-so-grubby hands on the situation.

I thought not just about outfit changes, but about some more permanent changes done directly to Totes...
If you have other ideas to add extra oomph and pizzazz and snap to the z!ng!ng, just let me know; it's just the most demeaning thing I can think of and live with at the same time Smile

And remember to knock me temporarily off the DNR list if I'll have to admit defeat. Lecturing in rattle is a hard thing to do (especially when the target audience isn't fluent in it), and I yet didn't get started with the troubles of staying inside a bustling place as the MCM HQ if you are an anonymous zambah...
Back to top Go down
QBee

QBee

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:00 pm

The wondering member of a group isn't a concern, 30 of them might be.

We will definately work on redoing your image Toten. It will probably have a lot to do with the mood of the moment.

Good point about the DNR, however since you have guest lectured I would think that you would be off that list. Guest-Faculty privillages and all.
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 pm

And on this high note, I'd say everything's settled for January.

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!
Oops, I've done that already. Both, actually.
Nevermind, I just love to say that _and_ to speak like Pratchett's Grim Reaper.
Back to top Go down
Robert N. Neville

Robert N. Neville

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 pm

Actually it seems like RRF is outside Tryme, don't know about st. Anselm, but we had few breaches and most of the time some RRF rotter entered. We also had a gker from RRF...
Does that count as interference?

p.s.: Death is one of the best characters of Pratchett, let alone the Grim Squeaker....
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 pm

I'll have to rely on your DNA-scanning intelligence for this... As a zambah, I have soley random windows of opportunity (as witnessing ?rises and killings) to read and contact-list other zambah's profiles.

Happy St. Sylvester Day and New Years Eve, btw.
Back to top Go down
Violet Begonia
Admin
Violet Begonia

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 pm

We'll include not just MCM members, but also some of the wacky people who hang around MCM. Sankhe would be welcome. One item of note: MCM is to stay MCM - the basic tenets as expressed in the Welcome Center, including the "no killing" rule, and the "treat everyone well" rule, must remain the same, or we aren't MCM.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User_talk:Violet_B
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:10 pm

I had assumed that already, Vi Very Happy

Happy New Year 2010, finally, at least for us Euros as Robert. I had a terrific view at the fireworks in our regional metropolis from the hill close to my house, and I wish anyone a-sieging on both sides of the cades the same Very Happy
(Note that I'm terribly, terribly drunk from all the absinthe, champagne, grog and other beverages I couldn't even spell correctly right now, even more than after my office x-mas party; now would be the wrong time to go all-out grammar nazi on me, but the best time ever to add ridiculous clauses to my ante. At least until I finally found my alka-seltzers and salted herrings tommorrow...)
Back to top Go down
QBee

QBee

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:34 am

Happy New Year to you too Toten!
Back to top Go down
Robert N. Neville

Robert N. Neville

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:47 am

RRF attack on tryme. There is also a gker, lucifuge something infesting the area...

http://iwrecords.urbandead.info/01-03-10_1000hrs_PUBLIC/OUT_33-23_RRF_attack_e4f-6bf-535.html
Back to top Go down
QBee

QBee

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:11 am

Toten,

We are getting work that the RRF is coming to Eastonwood. I'm not sure how long they will stay but we need to put a hold on the challenge until they pass by.

http://iwrecords.urbandead.info/01-03-10_1400hrs_PUBLIC/IN_33-21__84f-540-da4.html
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, I noticed myself that RRF is coming, and what I can scent when I put my nose into the air while pretending to be RRF isn't nice either...

Should I work on accelerating the inevitable, or do you consider holding ground against RRF until they move on as a real possibilty?
As my priority with RRF's coming is to get back on track with the challenge, I might consider to swap characters in the latter case to further that goal.
Back to top Go down
sherry stringfield

sherry stringfield

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 pm

See following post.

Last edited by sherry stringfield on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I'd have assumed that RRF isn't prone to backpedaling; I just wanted to ensure that we are on the same page in our evaluation of the situation.

That you just use a week as extra-time enforces my impression that you don't want to tackle RRF head-on in the mid-term.
Just let me know what I'd need to know if you have to secure a new area. By chance I know there a Dual Nature gal who's just one needle short of becoming a productive member of harmanity again, and she knows how to handle her toolbox... Smile
Back to top Go down
sherry stringfield

sherry stringfield

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:56 pm

This is really unfortunate timing, because frankly the ferals were already doing a pretty good job of breaching Simon's. But the RRF and the MOB are the only two zombie forces that we're happy to admit it's impossible to resist (you're here to prove that there's a third ...), and they do unbalance the situation in a way that gets in the way of a fair contest.

So, how's this? You join in the munching and, as you so charmingly put it, 'accelerate the inevitable'. Hopefully, we can be rid of the RRF in a few days' time (we'll have a fallback, but won't stay there very long at all), and we can reactivate the challenge, deferring its end-date into February.

UPDATE: The Gore Corps have just begun the assassinations in earnest, led by globule. Violet was killed first, naturally.
Back to top Go down
Violet Begonia
Admin
Violet Begonia

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 pm

sherry stringfield wrote:
UPDATE:Violet was killed first, naturally.

It's almost like being worry-free, knowing you die first every time. stretcher I'm honored to be MCM's top bullet sponge, soaking up the bullets so the rest of you can do the quality MCM work you always do!
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User_talk:Violet_B
asshole doctor

asshole doctor

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

this siege is like watching paint dry. bang head when are the zombies going to step it up?.. i think i might have to see if i can get the rff and golam reaper to swing through again. lol! :barhah:
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Trenchies just aren't what they were anymore.

Lessee how long I can get away with GKing... (Which is way more AP-efficient, especially when it can potentially affect a lot of survivors as here, and when it binds APs of the more experienced folks who can afford tio go without XP gain.)
Back to top Go down
asshole doctor

asshole doctor

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 am

no just admit it.. your not very good at this... and me a trenchie... HA good one.
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 pm

I got around to bind several peoples APs daily... Hope that counts for something.

And with trenchie, I meant "lame gee-kay-ah hatah who hasn't heard about RG". Had to return to the regular siege all by myself...
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:03 am

Quote :
# I blew up a possum said "I'm not sure how long, It depends on whether or not we are opperating under GMT" (1 minute ago)
It's Central European Time (GMT+1), as specified originally.
Unfortunately IWit is yet shaky, but the original proposal should be mentioned in one of these (I think, get yet 404 when opening any and can't check which one it was, so it might yet be a completely other one, but I'm sure it has been taken as a public IWit):
http://iwrecords.urbandead.info/12-14-09_1900hrs_PUBLIC/IN_33-21_Totenmannskiste_fb7-eb2-f2b.html
http://iwrecords.urbandead.info/12-22-09_1300hrs_PUBLIC/IN_33-21_Totenmannskiste_478-694-c4a.html
Back to top Go down
Amazing_Spiderzed

Amazing_Spiderzed

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Now the last 6 hours are rolling in.
Will the last defenders of St. Simons withstand the feral onslaught until it's "Either night or the Prussians will come", as Wellington once put it? Will this turn out as Vienna 1805, or as Waterloo 1815?
Let's see!

Toten's Challenge Napoleonreturnedgimp01
Totes, rattling the final strike time.

Toten's Challenge Gesture
Totes, making a flailing gesture at the cades.

Toten's Challenge Assault
Red-cloaked ferals, assaulting the campus.
Back to top Go down
asshole doctor

asshole doctor

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm

nope your going to lose.. cheers
really was like watching paint dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toten's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toten's Challenge   Toten's Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Toten's Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malton College of Medicine :: Commons :: Urban Dead-
Jump to: